NEWS FLASH! Important new legislation - tax disc holders

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel

NEWS FLASH! Important new legislation - tax disc holders

Post by jewel »

Have you got yours yet?

If you do not know by now, you should be aware of a new piece of legislation that instructs that “your tax disc must be displayed within parameters that do not exceed 20 degrees.” This is due to increased levels of RNS (Repetitive Neck Strain) sustained by Traffic Enforcement officers while trying to read tax discs of vehicles parked at awkward angles. RNS can be a life-altering injury, cause excessive journey’s to hospital and cost the National Health Service many hundreds of pounds each year in treatment.

To help Land Rover vehicle owners ensure that their tax disc holders are legally compliant, Land Rover’s Technical manager, Roger Crathorne has created the first self-levelling tax disc holder. Given as a Land Rover isn’t always going to be operating on even ground, this simple device employs Contra-Motion™ technology to ensure that the tax disc always remains on the level and legally compliant.

Learn more about how the self-levelling tax disco holder uses Contra-Motion™ technology in this short demonstration:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

extremely useful :) I have asked Mrs H to buy a couple.
BillH

Post by BillH »

Wise Move Horus :) dont want these poor traffic wardens suffering any less than thay have to, Bless 'em.. 8)

I'll get one for "My Mrs H" s car, Annie as I call her, the car not the long suffering other half ;)
and 1 for my diseasel Vectra..

Yes, Blessed Elfin Saftey brigade are a pain in the arse, especially on this day in our time.. :P
Morgita

Post by Morgita »

Did no-one notice the date?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I think we did Morgita ;), but having a spokesman named Joe King was a bit of a giveaway as well :)
BillH

Post by BillH »

IT was a Joke !!
I always wanted a self leveling tax disc holder to make my miserable existence on this planet complete..8)

:snig:
jewel

Post by jewel »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It was a good 'un mind! ;)
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"