Did another War start? (Libya)

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BillH

Post by BillH »

You may think so, However, I trust said source.

You will no doubt have heard of flight paths ?
These not only include direction and waypoints, but also altitude.
They must be strictly adhered to by all air traffic.

If an explosive device is set to go off at 10,000 feet, I reckon I could put a pin on a map with enough information about ascent rates and weather conditions and the status of previous flights following that path.

They say Libya was also funding the IRA back then.

Guess what ? America was funding the IRA for decades, NORAID even had collections in the streets of New York.
At least 9/11 saw the end to the IRA as the funds dried up once Americans finally realised what it was like to be the victims of terrorism.

In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Dear Bill, when it comes to the matters we are discussing you really are trying to teach your Granny to suck eggs. ;)
It is no secret that a barometric switch connected to a timer was used to detonate a Semtex charge that brought down the Pan Am flight 103. The flight originated in Frankfurt, Germany, which was where explosives were packed into passenger luggage, this was earlier ferried to Frankfurt on a flight from Malta. So with all the various accents and descents that the actual bomb made during this period, the only device that could arm it was the timer device. Any delay to the schedule would therefore have detonated the bomb after the next altitude change to 10,000 feet and that could have been during a take off, landing or level flight. So unless you were the actual maker of the bomb, no one else could possibly be aware of the timing device settings, therefore no one could be forewarned of the location of the atrocity that took place.

Unless of course your wild conspiracy theories include our own government blowing up the aircraft?
On second thoughts Bill, don’t answer that one, I really don’t have the time or inclination for these ridiculous unfounded theories, those that know, know, while those that don't, do not!

They say Libya was also funding the IRA back then.
There is no 'say' about it where Libyan funding was concerned, but as for NORAID funding, that is a far more complex subject than just 'Americans' as you put it "funding the IRA for decades" most Americans contributed nothing to NORAID.