My Cairo videos uploaded on Facebook

Get the best advice about your holiday in Egypt.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

cbrbddd

My Cairo videos uploaded on Facebook

Post by cbrbddd »

I have the security set to "Everyone" so you can watch them without being "friended" by me . . . at least for now :)

For my trip on 2009, I took along a small video camera which is ok . . . but while riding around in a taxi which hits a lot of bumps . . . well, I can't complain too much. I am not an expert at these things but I enjoy watching the videos as they remind me of the wild taxi rides that I have whenever I go.

So far I have posted 3: Maadi to Giza then 2 of the ride around the area near The Citadel to get footage coming and going. It is good to have someone driving the taxi that you know so you can do stupid things like this, hehe.

CATHERINE

I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . . . I went down down down and the flames went higher . . . and it burns, burns, burns . . that ring of fire, that ring of fire!

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

You should be able to search for the videos using "Cairo Feb 2009" or "Taxi Ride in Cairo" . . . I'm am uploading something right now so I'll check it out in a little while.

Or maybe not?? well, I can find them but it is because I created them. Let me know if you are on FB and these don't show up for you!
CATHERINE

I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . . . I went down down down and the flames went higher . . . and it burns, burns, burns . . that ring of fire, that ring of fire!

Karenh

Post by Karenh »

Hi i have just tried the two video and have not been able to see them on face book I dont know if i doing it right, but i put the titles in the search box ~ Is that correct
A day without laughter is a day wasted :lol: ;)

Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Not to sure but does not everyone on facebook mean all of your friends as you can be selective in who you want to see things.when someone tags a friend of mine in a photo i can then look at all the photos in that persons album they have taken the photo from but i am able to do it because i am a friend of person in photo...........seems a bit long winded i know but why not upload to this forum then everyone can see them with no problem. :)

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

CAn I upload them here??? maybe I can try that as I know FB can be a problem sometimes if you are not a "friend". I believe the "Everyone" security level allows everyone on facebook to view them . . . not just friends . . . but the search part might be a problem??/

lol, really, it took so long to upload them to FB . . . like over 1 hour each :x:x:x
but I can try if I can find a place to upload.

Meanwhile, here are links on FB:

CATHERINE

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

of course, the biggest problem I find is when i try it . . . it works for me because I have all the access for anything I post, lol!!
CATHERINE

Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Sucess have been able to get into them from your links so will go and watch them now. :D

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

Hurghadapat wrote:Sucess have been able to get into them from your links so will go and watch them now. :D
Great! Have fun, lol!!!
CATHERINE

Karenh

Post by Karenh »

thnks it was great seeing the videos brings back so many memories from our taxi journery in cairo and our visit there in ocotber
A day without laughter is a day wasted :lol: ;)

Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Could only open one of em, the first one, each time i triied after that i was told that the internet was not working, have checked my pc and its not my end, any ideas, the one vid i saw brought back some fond memories :)

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

Christine wrote:Could only open one of em, the first one, each time i triied after that i was told that the internet was not working, have checked my pc and its not my end, any ideas, the one vid i saw brought back some fond memories :)
hmmmm, that is really strange :?: . . . not sure why you can't open the others. maybe if I put them in separate posts??? hehe, what a pain when this stuff doesn't work!

This is the 2nd one:

CATHERINE

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

This is the 3rd one:

Maybe it will help to separate them . . . I just don't know!
CATHERINE

Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

i watched all three no problems so must be your end Christine :roll:

Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Well ive just tried again and am getting Internet explorer cannot display web page, and when i click on diagnose problem, it tells me there is nothing wrong with my computor so im confused.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

An easy way is to create an account with YouTube and upload them there, then you can share them anywhere :)

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

DJKeefy wrote:An easy way is to create an account with YouTube and upload them there, then you can share them anywhere :)
Yes, but I was trying to avoid YouTube . . . for some reason, lol!!! But maybe I should quit doing that since I plan on creating more videos in the future.

Oh, my . . . all my time sucked up on the computer, hehe!!! :lol:

Also, I am not sure how many more ppl are interested in yet another taxi ride across Cairo . . . the one I have of my Nile Felluca ride in Cairo is really great (IMNSHO) but I wonder about privacy issues of the other ppl that appear in the video. I mean . . . would they be upset if I posted the vid even though I don't identify anyone.
CATHERINE

Claire

Great videos

Post by Claire »

Really love these videos Catherine. They brought back so many memories for me. I was trying to work out why you drove up and down the citadel road twice though!!! Did you go to El Azhar Park that's on that road somewhere? Only seen the first two and please post some more! Thanks for sharing.

cbrbddd

Re: Great videos

Post by cbrbddd »

Claire wrote:Really love these videos Catherine. They brought back so many memories for me. I was trying to work out why you drove up and down the citadel road twice though!!! Did you go to El Azhar Park that's on that road somewhere? Only seen the first two and please post some more! Thanks for sharing.
I have been to Al Azhar Park but I didn't have a video camera then. Now I need to go back to make the video complete, lol!!

I had my taxi drive do the drive from both directions so I could get different shots of the Citadel and the road . . . things always look different depending on which direction you are going.

I have another video of the Nile Felluca ride in Cairo April 2008:

and some video of the Dinner Cruise with the TAnnoura Dance and Lorna Gow (dancer originally from Scotland who has been working in Cairo for a few years):

- Lorna

- TAnnoura 17 secs though . . . very short!
CATHERINE

Claire

Haha

Post by Claire »

Hi Catherine
Mystery solved thought you might have got lost. I love El Azhar Park and the views from the cafe at the top. Yeah you need to go back and video that. Think we might have some shots from there but mostly of my kids and their Egyptian cousins being a bit wild in the fountains!!!! Don't ask! It was a very hot August day! They all had fun though.
Will have another look at your videos later. Mite add you on Facebook if that is OK as it's an easier way to look at your videos. The same name but my surname begins with M and is Egyptian!
Think I'll give the tennoura dance a miss. I saw about 4 of these in different shows in Sharm a few weeks back and the music got stuck in my head. Don't want that back in there.
Love a bit of Oriental dancing though! Thanks again for sharing your videos.

cbrbddd

Re: Haha

Post by cbrbddd »

Claire wrote:Hi Catherine
Mystery solved thought you might have got lost. I love El Azhar Park and the views from the cafe at the top. Yeah you need to go back and video that. Think we might have some shots from there but mostly of my kids and their Egyptian cousins being a bit wild in the fountains!!!! Don't ask! It was a very hot August day! They all had fun though.
Will have another look at your videos later. Mite add you on Facebook if that is OK as it's an easier way to look at your videos. The same name but my surname begins with M and is Egyptian!
Think I'll give the tennoura dance a miss. I saw about 4 of these in different shows in Sharm a few weeks back and the music got stuck in my head. Don't want that back in there.
Love a bit of Oriental dancing though! Thanks again for sharing your videos.
Claire, I see you have found me on FB!! Always nice to put a face and name together. LOL, I understand why a lot of shows in Sharm could put you off watching Tannoura.

BUT, next time you go to Cairo you should check out the free show near the Khan el Khallili (must go look up the name . . . it is over the road somewhere) . . . anyway, it is a feast for the ears and the eyes . . . it isn't the cheesy touristy resort show . . . lots of guys whirling with live music . . . and a wonderful sagat player! too bad I didn't have my video on during that but there are too many ppl in the way if you get there too late . . . many heads in the way . I thought I had some of the photos posted on my website or FB . . . remind me and I'll upload one to E4U.[/img]
CATHERINE